Talent to Watch Program
*Submissions are now closed for 2019. Stay tuned for information about the 2020 program.*
CineVic is pleased to return as a recommending partner in the 2019 Telefilm Talent to Watch Program! Production Members can apply for up to $125,000 for feature film and web series projects.
To date, 6 teams of CineVic members have been successful in this program and received Telefilm funding:
The Devout (Connor Gaston, Dan Hogg, Amanda Verhagen)
Two 4 One (Maureen Bradley, Dan Hogg)
The Hollow Child (Jeremy Lutter, Ben Rollo, Jocelyn Russell)
Q (Benjamin Musgrave, Dawn Bird, Dustin Griffin)
All-in Madonna (Arnold Lim, Susie Winters, Ana de Lara)
Esluna: The World Beyond (Denver Jackson, Dan Hogg)
We want to keep the momentum going and help bring your project to fruition! Please visit the Talent to Watch website to read all the updated guidelines and very helpful FAQ. And check out our video of last year's informative presentation featuring past participants of the program.
Monday February 4th 2019 @ 11:59pm
NEW guidelines for 2019:
• The Director must be a current Production Member of CineVic. Click here to apply or renew your membership.
• Your pitch video must NOT include footage from other projects that are not the team’s own work.
• A project that was not selected for financing under this program may be resubmitted a second time.
• You no longer need to create a "microsite" to submit your materials; simply upload all of your files to a cloud storage folder and email a link to that folder as your submission.
Important points to remember:
• This program has two stages:
Recommendation stage: Applicants apply to CineVic, and we select up to two feature films, one web project, and one Indigenous project (feature or web) to recommend to Telefilm.
Application stage: If the project(s) recommended by CineVic are selected by Telefilm to move forward, the creative team will then be asked to incorporate a company which will apply directly through Telefilm's "Dialogue" portal.
• ALL key members of recommended projects (Writer, Director, Producer) must be emerging talent, i.e. they must already have produced, directed and/or written at least one short film 30 minutes or less, but cannot have previously held the same key position in a feature length film 75 minutes or more. Note that producers who have previously produced one feature film that has received funding under this Program will also be considered as emerging talent.
• The maximum Telefilm contribution amount is set at $125,000 for feature film and web projects over 75 minutes. Total project budget must not exceed $250,000.
• CineVic will provide in-kind (free) equipment rental for member projects that are ultimately funded by Telefilm and go into production. Therefore you may include a realistic amount of in-kind equipment rental from CineVic as both revenue and expense items in your budget. This is encouraged but not required.
• Telefilm will, for projects of equal quality, prioritize projects whose key creatives (Director, Writer, Producer) reflect the diversity of the country in terms of gender, Indigenous communities or cultural diversity. Please keep this in mind when assembling your team and developing your application.
• The list of required materials for your application can be found on page 5 of the guidelines under section 1.2.1 Submission Materials. All materials must be submitted using a cloud file storage service (ex. OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc).
• CineVic will make our selection and may choose to offer feedback to the recommended applicant who will have approximately one week to polish their application before we submit it to Telefilm.
How to Apply:
Watch trailers for CineVic member films funded through this program:
The Hollow Child
Two 4 One