CineCredits are a form of currency acknowledging time and effort spent by CineVic members who volunteer above and beyond their initial membership volunteer requirements. Typically they are earned by volunteering on the productions of fellow members, but may also be earned by volunteering for the society.
The fine print:
• One hour of volunteer time converts to one CineCredit, which will be accepted as the equivalent of $15.
• CineCredits may be used for payment of equipment use.
• CineCredits may be used towards office space or room rental.
• Initial membership volunteer hours do not qualify for CineCredits.
• CineCredits are non-transferable and not retroactive.
• A maximum of 50 CineCredits may be earned per member per production.
• A maximum of 200 CineCredits may be held in a member’s account at any one time.
• The first $15 of any equipment or room rental can not be paid by CineCredits.
• If a membership lapses for more than 12 months, the member’s CineCredits will expire. CineVic members may apply to the board for an exemption to this rule for reasons of hardship or other reasonable barriers to member usage. Decision of the board on whether or not to grant exemptions is final.
• CineCredits earned on member productions will be tracked and submitted by the production’s producers and submitted to office staff within two weeks of the production’s completion. Use of CineCredits for rentals will also be recorded into member database.