*Please note this position has been filled*
CineVic is currently hiring for the permanent position of Programming and Outreach Coordinator.
The Programming and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for acting as the primary contact between CineVic, our membership, and the community at large. This includes: front-line in-person communications at our downtown headquarters; electronic communications and marketing; member orientation and support; coordination of workshops, events, programming, and volunteers; day-to-day office operations; and equipment reservations, rentals, and returns. The Programming and Outreach Coordinator is intimately familiar with the local independent film and media arts community.
- Act as first point of contact with membership and public; manage and respond to inquiries about the organization and our programs
- Provide support and orientation to prospective and current members
- Work with the Communications and Programming Committees, and implement recommendations
- Planning and delivery of workshops, events, and other programming including an annual film festival
- Create and manage content for e-newsletter, social media, website, press releases, and other promotional materials
- Create and manage marketing, sponsorship, and community outreach plans
- Conduct ongoing outreach at local festivals, community events, and educational institutions
- Maintain professional networking relationships with filmmakers, artists, and workshop facilitators
- Maintain database of members, productions, and contact lists
- Maintain the film and book library and general file archives
- Process equipment inquiries, reservations, and rentals including check-in/check-out procedures
- Day-to-day office tasks such as invoicing, taking payments, shared cleaning responsibilities, and minor facilities maintenance
- Other such duties as may be required by the Equipment Coordinator and Executive Director from time to time
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Effective time management and multitasking skills in both independent and team-based work environments
- Experience in front-line customer service
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience in event coordination and promotion
- Experience in volunteer recruitment, coordination, and management
- Experience and creativity in media communications, marketing, writing, graphic design, and public relations
- Proven ability to write project proposals, press releases, and reports
- Proven ability to be organized, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and take initiative in solving problems
- Proven attention to detail, accuracy in work
- Ability to work in a Mac environment, and proficient with email, internet, and keyboarding
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut Pro, WordPress, Mailchimp, Quickbooks, social media, survey software, and cloud computing
- Ability to learn in-house computer programs
- Familiarity with CineVic equipment inventory, and general proficiency in operation of both digital and analogue film and video equipment
- Ability to lift heavy equipment
- Positive attitude and proven interest in continually building knowledge, skills, and expertise
- Experience working with artist-run centres, collectives, or non-profit organizations an asset
- Passion and experience in filmmaking/media arts preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Post-secondary education in communications, film, video, or media arts preferred
- Must be available during office hours (Tuesday-Friday, 9am-2pm) as well as occasional evening and weekend events
- 20 hours/week with flexibility and potential to expand
- Starting wage $15/hour, + increase after probationary period, + vacation time
CineVic is an artist-run society which provides independent filmmakers and media artists with affordable and accessible equipment, programming, and development opportunities. CineVic is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from self-identified members of underserved communities as well as visible and invisible minority groups.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please.
Deadline to apply is 5:00pm on Monday June 26; Interviews will tentatively be held the week of July 3; Tentative start date is July 11.
Please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00pm Monday June 26. Include links to samples of your work such as social media, website, press releases, or other marketing materials.